HR Generalist II - (1.0 FTE, Days)
This job posting is no longer active
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shifts
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford is the heart and soul of Stanford Children’s Health. Nationally ranked and internationally recognized, our 311-bed hospital is devoted entirely to pediatrics and obstetrics. Our six centers of excellence provide comprehensive services and deep expertise in key obstetric and pediatric areas: brain & behavior, cancer, heart, pregnancy & newborn, pulmonary and transplant. We also provide an additional, wide range of services for babies, kids and pregnant moms.
The HR Generalist II is responsible for the communication and administration of programs, procedures and policies related to all functional areas of Human Resources including staffing, benefits, training, compensation, management reporting, employee transactions, data base and systems management. Assignments and issues are complex and require a broad knowledge across all functional areas of HR.
• Participates with subject matter experts to develop and document new processes to transition to the HR Business Center. Advises on documentation requirements and participates in the testing of the procedures.
• Performs the administration of standard to complex processes and activities for all functional areas of HR (e.g. benefits, staffing, compensation, etc.). Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced Generalists.
• Provides explanation, interpretation and/or guidance to employees and managers regarding the administrative activities related to HR programs, policies, and procedures.
• Reviews processes and process documentation and working as part of a team recommends process improvements, automation opportunities, system improvements, cost saving and customer service initiatives.
• Serves as the escalation point for questions or issues related to transactions and/processes of a nonstandard nature. Conducts research (e.g. policy interpretation, terms and conditions, etc.) and responds to client or seeks management approval.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Ability to research and identify the appropriate prescribed response to customer inquiries.
• Ability to solve problems in a customer-focused environment.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge of HR practices/policies related to benefits, staffing, compensation, etc.
• Knowledge of HR-related systems and software applications.
• Knowledge of Windows-based office software, computers and operating systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer