Planning Analyst II - MG-Admin (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shifts
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford is the heart and soul of Stanford Children’s Health. Nationally ranked and internationally recognized, our 311-bed hospital is devoted entirely to pediatrics and obstetrics. Our six centers of excellence provide comprehensive services and deep expertise in key obstetric and pediatric areas: brain & behavior, cancer, heart, pregnancy & newborn, pulmonary and transplant. We also provide an additional, wide range of services for babies, kids and pregnant moms.
The Planning Analyst II is an experienced analyst who researches, develops and produces financial and management reports, variance analysis, market and strategic business analysis and related projects in support of business development and strategic planning. This position researches and analyzes market potential and economics underlying new program proposals and other strategic initiatives. The Analyst II gathers, evaluates, and analyzes data from primary and secondary sources; summarizes and presents findings to internal and external stakeholders; and requires minimal oversight.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
• Extracts, gathers, and analyzes institutional and professional volume, cost, and revenue data; market data; and benchmark data to assess market opportunity and performance of new or expanding programs and strategic initiatives
• Summarizes, presents, and provides feedback on key findings in spreadsheet and/or slide presentation form to internal and external stakeholders; and documents sources, definitions, methodologies, and underlying assumptions
• Conducts market, financial, demographic, and clinical utilization research from primary and secondary sources, interprets the data and provides insight
• Develops, produces, and distributes standard and ad hoc reports (e.g. volume, market share, revenue, cost, financial performance, population projections)
• Develops and maintains databases on key clinical service and business plan metrics to track and support business planning process, funds flow planning, and volume budget process. Provides support to Physician Relations Liaison and Marketing departments.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four (4) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience. Experience in Tableau is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
• Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
• Knowledge of basic financial, business, and statistical concepts.
• Ability to conduct analysis and formulate conclusions.
• Ability to make effective oral presentations and prepare concise written reports to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively both as a team player and leader.
• Ability to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Equal Opportunity Employer