NX Chaplain - (0.001 FTE, Rotating)
This job posting is no longer active
0.001 FTE, 8 Hour Rotating Shifts
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford is the heart and soul of Stanford Children’s Health. Nationally ranked and internationally recognized, our 311-bed hospital is devoted entirely to pediatrics and obstetrics. Our six centers of excellence provide comprehensive services and deep expertise in key obstetric and pediatric areas: brain & behavior, cancer, heart, pregnancy & newborn, pulmonary and transplant. We also provide an additional, wide range of services for babies, kids and pregnant moms.
Responsible for responding to needs of patients, family members and staff, designated in consultation with the Director, Chaplaincy Services and functions as a member of the Chaplaincy Service staff. Coordinate all services to a specific in-patient unit(s); serving as chaplain on assigned patient unit(s); and participate as staff for the Chaplaincy Service in care conferences for such units. Provide spiritual care assessment, intervention and support for patients and their families.
• Assists in reviewing and initiating programs within the department.
• Coordinates care with Guest Services colleagues as needed.
• Coordinates care with Patient and Family Services Division colleagues as needed
• Encourages an interfaith emphasis which enables patients and family members to draw upon their own religious and spiritual resources.
• Ensures appropriate spiritual care assessment and intervention for patients, family and visitors.
• Helps to coordinate religious and volunteer responsibilities with the CPE interns and residents as well as volunteers.
• Participates as a member of the Spiritual Care/ Chaplaincy Service staff team.
• Participates as an alternate in the on-call rotation, when needed.
• Serves as a liaison to area congregations as requested.
• Serves as staff person on interdisciplinary teams for designated units.
• Participates as an alternate in the on-call rotation, including evening shift 4:00pm-12:00midnight, when needed
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
Education: Four (4) units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE), Graduation from an ATS accredited seminary or school of theology
Experience: Three (3) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability and stamina to minister to patients/residents/clients with varying physical and mental dysfunctions.
• Ability to adjust communications to fit the needs and level of understanding of the receiver.
• Ability to energize team members.
• Ability to establish and maintain excellent client relationships, exhibit exemplary interpersonal skills and exercise sound judgment and professionalism in business and personnel matters.
• Ability to provide leadership and influence others.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and apply sound judgment.
• Ability to solve problems and identify solutions.
• Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer