Coding/Charge Entry Analyst - MG-Revenue Cycle (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shifts
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
The Coding and Charge Entry Analyst is responsible for ensuring that all professional services billings for the department supported are accurately entered into EPIC in a timely manner. The Coding and Charge Entry Analyst is responsible for all the components of the billing process through the entering of charges into EPIC. The process encompasses ensuring that the providers have provider numbers, all professional activity is capture, encounter forms are complete, patients are appropriately registered and that all charges are entered into the system.
• Process daily in Epic all charges in charge review workqueues and encounter forms have been processed.
• Resolve and correct all claim edit errors, missing information and confirm the accuracy of the data entered into Epic.
• Identify billing errors and determine cause and make recommendations for improving the process.
• Process surgical procedures in OPTIME.
• Audit all charges to ensure charge capture.
• Send out monthly reports as required.
• Track changes within the industry to ensure a current understanding of medical terminology and coding including CPT's and ICD-10 codes.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities at one time, ability to work independently with minimum of supervision and ability to process workqueues in Epic and paperwork accurately under pressure of deadlines.
• Work with outside vendors as needed.
• Maintain organized work area, accurate productivity reports and back-up documentation, which supports data entered. (Paper charges are date stamped, and counted. On completion of billing, transactions, batch numbers, dollar amount and date of entry is recorded).
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent required, with some college preferred.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience with charge entry or secretarial experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate both orally and in writing with all levels of hospital staff.
• Knowledge of and ability to operate computers, especially word processing, database and Excel spreadsheet applications required.
• Knowledge of patient registration, insurance and authorization data.
• Preferred knowledge of Epic Charge Resolute Professional Billing
Equal Opportunity Employer