Relief MRI Technologist- Radiology/MRI (.001 FTE, Rotating)
.001 FTE, Rotating 10 hour shifts.
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
Performs a variety of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) procedures on patients using high field strength magnets and related equipment. Performs MRI imagin
g sequences necessary to reach a medical diagnosis and decision. Works under the guidance of Radiologists; participates in resident training program and may be responsible for specific areas of instruction in the training of Radiology students, house staff, or others, in MRI procedures, protocols, and equipment and/or safety issues. Bills all procedures performed and maintain necessary paperwork.
• Assists in the training of Radiology students, house staff, or others, in MRI procedures, protocols, and equipment and/or safety issues
• Bills all procedures performed and maintain necessary paperwork.
• Obtains quality images for medical diagnosis by performing magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) procedures as directed by a physician by using appropriate technical factors and scanning techniques
• Performs and remains current on all scanning protocols.
• Photographs and develops film in accordance with the department standards. Evaluates MRI scans for technical quality, collate processed images and sequence of exposure and label appropriately.
• Prepares patients for MRI exam: explains procedure, ensures that patient screening form is properly completed, safely transfers patient to MRI equipment, properly positions patient and assists patient on completion of exam; completes exams in the required timeframe.
• Troubleshoots equipment problems and when necessary report to the proper personnel for repair.
• Utilizes ancillary equipment appropriately: PACS system, laser camera, MedRad power injector, IDXRad, and Invivo monitor.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Completion of an accredited Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) program or Radiologic technology program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with widely diverse groups, including individuals at all levels both within and outside the organization and gain their cooperation.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to perform general and specialized radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures which meet the departments standard of quality.
• Ability to troubleshoot, document and communicate equipment problems.
• Ability to work effectively as a team player.
• Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
• Knowledge of Magnetic resonance imaging physics, physiology, structural and organic anatomy including cross-sectional anatomy.
• Knowledge of Magnetic resonance imaging techniques, methods, and equipment.
• Knowledge of medical equipment, instruments, and related functionalities.
• Knowledge of methods of positioning patients for radiographic and magnetic resonance imaging procedures.
• Knowledge of principles of image processing and development applicable to diagnostic imaging.
• Knowledge of safety principles and procedures related to ultrasound procedures and equipment.
Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability. Women and men, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer