Patient Access Representative III - PFS-PASC-Authorization ( 1.0FTE, Days )
This job posting is no longer active
1.0FTE, 8-hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
The Patient Access Services job is responsible for completing patient admission and registrations functions. Identifies patients’ insurance coverage or existing financial resources to pay for medical care and services, assist with patient inquiries regarding insurance benefits and payor specific requirements. Handles routine customer service inquiries and problems. Processes necessary admission/registration paperwork and obtains necessary documents for billing and compliance requirements. The PAR III position is intended as an advanced-level position for individuals with a diverse background in hospital patient accounting and an advanced knowledge of reimbursement requirements of healthcare payers. It is expected that individuals in this level will acquire the necessary job skills, knowledge, and other qualifications through on-the-job and/or formal training in order to advance to the Patient Account Representative IV level.
• Acts as an Epic Super User and a Customer Service Champion.
• Applies customer service and health care coverage experience to assist a broad range of clients, patients and families as it relates to admitting activities.
• Assures secure handling and accurate recording of payments collected at the point-of-service delivery.
• Coordinates with study Coordinators coordinates to accession study blood draws and/or deliver communication on where and when samples are ready.
• Handles advanced patient accounting and patient admitting issues and projects.
• Handles special projects including assisting the department with financial clearance reporting, and testing for validation of end under functionality of applications.
• Maintains professional communication with various PAS staff, medical center staff, physicians, guests, and patients regarding the admitting services rendered at Stanford Medical Center. Communication may consist of telephone correspondence or in person contact.
• Meets weekly individual productivity goals and standards while following planned priorities as set by the Team Manager/Coordinator.
• Performs difficult admitting duties including Rooming and planning.
• Performs Lab Intake which includes Laboratory blood draw check in and accessioning.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the unit team manager or other PAS management personnel.
• Performs Radiology intake which includes accessing RIS database to verify and/or release orders, schedule, and track appointments.
• Provides excellent customer service to all individuals with whom the employee has contact.
• The specific job duties will be comprised of a combination of responsibilities from among the various areas of PAS operations including: On-site, Ancillary, Financial Counselor, Access Unit, and Emergence Department Registration.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Experience: Three (3) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend and evaluate proposed solutions.
• Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
• Ability to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
• Knowledge of Medicare, Medi-Cal, Workers Comp, Managed Care (HMO, PPO, POS, etc.), Children's Health Programs (CCS, GHPP, Healthy Families, etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer