Master Data Management Analyst (1.0 FTE, Days)
General/ Environmental Service
1.0 FTE- Days
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford is the heart and soul of Stanford Children’s Health. Nationally ranked and internationally recognized, our 311-bed hospital is devoted entirely to pediatrics and obstetrics. Our six centers of excellence provide comprehensive services and deep expertise in key obstetric and pediatric areas: brain & behavior, cancer, heart, pregnancy & newborn, pulmonary and transplant. We also provide an additional, wide range of services for babies, kids and pregnant moms.
Job Family: Maintenance and Engineering
Job Title: Master Data Management Analyst
Bargaining Unit: Non-Union
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Code: 200764
Reports to: Manager
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Master Data Management Analyst supports Supply Chain Logistics & Sourcing through a comprehensive understanding of Master Data Management, Logistics and Sourcing operational and business needs. This position requires a thorough understanding of MDM concepts, industry data standards and supply chain operations. The Master Data Management Analyst collaborates with ITS, Operational Managers and external vendors to ensure consistent data management and accurate information flow to support core enterprise functions, including Supply Chain Automation, inventory management, vendor and recall management, and Non-Labor Spend Savings initiatives. This individual will work under the direction of the Data Manager within Supply Chain – Sourcing.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patients’ rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings. Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
- Function as the primary point of contact related to the day-to-day execution of MDM related tasks. They will work to answer questions, resolve data issues and provide analysis.
- Assists in developing and maintaining requirements/specifications for new or enhanced functionality to department operational reports.
- Collaborates with ITS in managing the resolution of problems and implementation of changes to the department’s information systems.
- Perform master data additions, changes and deletions in accordance with procedures and business rules.
- Ensure requests for master data maintenance are properly authorized and approved by working with appropriate Data Managers and Data Owners.
- Educate users on master data processes and business rules.
- Evaluates business and program application systems’ functionality to identify gaps, measuring the solution impact to business operations. The MDMA serves as a liaison between the business managers and ITS to improve productivity and developing and delivering improved data quality and analytics.
- Maintains system applications for key stakeholders under general direction of the Data Manager and with guidance from Lawson team.
- Filter and cleanse data, review reports and performance indicators to location and correct data and processes where needed.
- Runs ad hoc and scheduled reports and collects feedback from customers on creating new reports.
- Maintains accurate and up to date price file management in accordance with current contracts.
- Performs proactive and ad hoc price performance benchmarking.
- Supports vendor and recall management by ensuring data accuracy and adherence to industry and/or regulatory standards.
- Supports Non-Labor expense reduction initiatives through comprehensive Item Master and PAR data management, and directed reports to Logistics Managers.
- Under direction of the Purchasing manager, designs and maintains organized system for Pricing Agreements and ensures the accuracy of prices in item file and on POs. Partners with Accounts Payable to ensure accuracy of vendor file.
- Conducts quality control activities and recommends and/or implements additions/changes to Master Data Management policies and procedures.
- Monitors key performance indicators to ensure data accuracy and data management policies are working as expected.
- Develop and design improvements to the processes, procedures, tools, rules and metrics to ensure data integrity of master data domains.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field or comparable experience in this field.
Experience: Four (4) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience, preferably in a hospital environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form to cross-functional departments or teams.
- Ability to mediate and resolve complex problems and issues.
- Ability to strategize, plan and implement change.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry standards, including ANSI X12, GLN and GTIN
- Knowledge and understanding of goals and the interdependencies of functional departments and groups (in health care industry) and the ability to lead large-scale complex projects in addressing overall business needs
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the
Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer