Housekeeping Assistant (0.001 FTE, Rotating, Non-Rep)
This job posting is no longer active
General/ Environmental Service
0.001 FTE, Non-Represented. Rotating Shifts. May be required to work holidays and weekends
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford is the heart and soul of Stanford Children’s Health. Nationally ranked and internationally recognized, our 311-bed hospital is devoted entirely to pediatrics and obstetrics. Our six centers of excellence provide comprehensive services and deep expertise in key obstetric and pediatric areas: brain & behavior, cancer, heart, pregnancy & newborn, pulmonary and transplant. We also provide an additional, wide range of services for babies, kids and pregnant moms.
The Housekeeping Assistant is responsible for the cleanliness of patient units as well as the cleanliness of common areas and disposal of solid and biohazard waste. The Housekeeping Assistant performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas and follows standard precautions and all other infection control policies, safety practices and cleaning procedures.
• Cleans and maintains floors per Hospital procedures and standards. Vacuums and shampoos carpeted areas.
• Cleans and restocks restrooms and break room. Cleans mirrors, doors, and windows.
• Collects and removes trash and biohazard waste. Empties recyclable bag receptacles.
• Follows specific procedure to perform daily and terminal cleaning of patient rooms and prepares rooms for new patients.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Identifies maintenance needs (i.e.: painting, plumbing, fixture/equipment repair, etc.) and promptly reports needs to Supervisor.
• Maintains proper care and use of housekeeping supplies and equipment. Maintains a clean and organized supply area.
• Operates mechanical floor cleaners, polishers and vacuums.
• Polishes and disinfects furniture and other objects as needed in order to ensure adequate cleaning.
• Uses industrial cleaning agents and equipment following appropriate safety procedures.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to adapt to and deal with change and ambiguity.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
• Ability to solve problems and identify solutions.
• Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
• Ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
• Ability to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
• Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility.
• Knowledge of techniques of cleaning and disinfecting patient care facilities, use of chemical agents and equipment, collection and disposal of infectious materials and general environmental maintenance peculiar to acute hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer