Analytics & Report Technical Architect (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Days
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Analytics & Reporting Technical Architect designs, documents, develops and supports complex data extract, transformation and load (ETL) processes. Designs the data integration architecture, performs all data integrations tasks and manages all day-to-day data integration operations and processes. Works closely with business users, data analysts and system architects to define and resolve information requirements, data flow and data content/quality issues. Advises on Enterprise Data Warehouse standards and architectural guidelines, technology policies and procedures, collaborates with the Enterprise Technical Architect, and effectively communicates them to users and suppliers, as well as establishes and maintains the application innovation process. Assists with developing long and short term technical strategy, processes and procedures for data warehouse development and associated infrastructure through the use of best practices/methods of approach.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patients' rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
- Performs hands-on work (analysis, design and development of reporting dashboards and reports) to deliver solutions in business intelligence platforms.
- Advises on best practices, provides technical expertise, and supports them on BI & analytics projects.
- Analyzes application, quality, and data integration problems, provide solutions and recommend corrective actions.
- Performs database administration functions including development and design of database strategies, monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements.
- Performs physical data modeling and semantic data modeling.
- Conducts design sessions with key technical and business owners to design the ETL (Extract, Transformation & Load)
- Defines and creates technical project plans. Identifies technical gaps and mitigate risks.
- Designs high level ETL process and data flow from multiple source systems to EDW (Electronic Data Warehousing). Designs and develops ETL jobs, scheduling and monitoring.
- Interacts with business analysts and data modelers to efficiently and clearly interpret business requirement specifications and translate into data warehouse designs.
- Leads/participates in data quality architectural review sessions to ensure compliance with direction and standards.
- Provides production support and maintenance of applications; performance tuning of ETL Jobs, processes and load routines.
- Works closely with database administration team and ensures the database is architected and designed to handle concurrent ETL and reporting query jobs.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or University
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Ability to translate high level requirements into design.
- Ability to identify and redress data quality and inconsistency issues.
- Knowledge in all aspects of Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing.
- Ability to research and interpret relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards
- Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job
- Ability to strategize, plan and implement change
- Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work results
- Knowledge of new technologies (in specific field) and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer