Nursing Quality Management Coordinator (1.0 FTE, Days)
This job posting is no longer active
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Nursing Quality Management Coordinator facilitates the planning, development, implementation and assessment of clinical quality assurance and quality improvement in the Department of Patient Care Services (PCS). Under the direction of the Manager Policy Programs, liaises with patient care services in developing, implementing, and supporting patient care policies and procedures. In collaboration with clinical nurse specialists and nursing practice leaders, develops and implements standards of care.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital's policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
* Uses evidence-based knowledge, professional standards of care, practice guidelines and policy as a foundation for nursing practice to achieve optimal outcomes.
* Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of departmental, divisional and organizational goals by leading or participating in the quality improvement/ research activities including problem identification, data collection and monitoring department/division results.
* Facilitates inter and intradepartmental communication about quality improvement.
* Demonstrates quality improvement and change management activities.
* Acts as a PCS resource on regulatory requirements and on quality improvement processes.
* Consults with clinical staff and the inter-professional team to address complex practice issues.
* Collaborates with nurses, physicians, and other staff to institute policies that maximize nursing efficiency and clinical practice.
* Assists in the facilitation of rapid process improvement (RPI) to address gaps in practice and to standardize care across the organization.
* Assumes responsibility for professional self-development, ensuring quality of work reflects high professional and ethical standards.
* Communicates effectively to maintain positive working relationships and achieve desired outcomes.
* Participates in programmatic accreditation and regulatory requirements through expert knowledge, development and evaluation of practice, policy/procedure management and analysis of outcome indicators.
* Contributes to the Provision of Care chapter in the Joint Commission Hospital Accreditation Standards Handbook and guidelines from other regulatory agencies.
* Collaborates with the Center for Quality and Clinical Effectiveness through the participation in iCare trend analysis and root cause analysis.
* Reports auditing findings to appropriate organization leaders and Shared Governance Councils to determine gaps in practice.
* Participates in or leads work groups in special projects as assigned.
* Works collaboratively to guide and influence the course of change and innovation.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
* Education: Master's degree in a Nursing-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
* Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
* License/Certification: CA Registered Nurse (RN)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
* Knowledge of policy development with demonstrated training skills.
* Ability to make effective oral presentations and prepare concise written reports to a variety of audiences.
* Ability to utilize complex and multi-faceted approach to problem solving, integrating information from multiple sources, synthesizing information and developing comprehensive responses
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
* Ability to make effective oral presentations and prepare concise written reports to a variety of audiences
* Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to coordinate complex events
* Ability to function effectively as a team player.
* Ability to multi-task and change priorities regularly.
* Ability to quickly learn department policies, procedures, goals, and services.
* Ability to communicate effectively to achieve and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers.
* Ability to learn and interpret hospital policies.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of planning, quality improvement, program evaluation, hospital administration and healthcare.
* Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer