Pharmacy Operations Mgr-OTP (1.0 FTE, Days)
This job posting is no longer active
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
The Pharmacy Operations Manager manages the day-to-day inpatient and/or outpatient pharmacy operations which include interviewing and recommending the hiring of new staff members; providing or arranging for training for subordinates; assigning and scheduling work; developing work procedures consistent with hospital policy; monitoring work performed in order to meet established goals, objectives and target dates; evaluating subordinates' performance; and recommending personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, or disciplinary action to ensure adequate and competent staffing.
* Evaluates subordinates' performance and recommends personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, or disciplinary action to ensure adequate and competent staffing.
* Integrates pharmacy services with other services in SHC and pharmacy areas to support quality patient care.
* Manages pharmacy services to ensure on-going customer satisfaction and quality.
* Monitors work performed by subordinates in order to meet established goals, objectives and target dates.
* Prepares, monitors and operates within departmental budget for operations, personnel and capital equipment and prepares variance reports as required.
* Provides or arranging for training for subordinates, assigns and schedules work and develops work procedures consistent with hospital policy.
* Responsible for interviewing and recommending the hiring of new staff members.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: B.S. in Pharmacy from an accredited college/university
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
License/Certification: PRM-CA - Licensed as a Pharmacist by the California Board of Pharmacy
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to manage complex projects and resources (people, costs, time).
* Ability to mediate and resolve complex problems and issues.
* Ability to strategize, plan and implement change.
* Knowledge of influence of patient's age, sex, concomitant disease states, concurrent drug therapy, foods and diagnostic procedures on drug activity and disposition.
* Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility.
* Knowledge of Medical terminology and abbreviations; pharmacology and pharmacological nomenclature; medical therapeutics, pharmacokinetics, and disease states.
* Knowledge of methods and procedures involved in proper handling and storing of pharmaceutical supplies.
* Knowledge of physiology, anatomy, pathology, chemistry and mathematics as they relate to pharmacy practice.
* Knowledge of prescription and non-prescription drugs and drug products and their indications, efficacy, dosage, mechanisms of action; fate and disposition (if known), major contraindications and potential side effects.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management.
* Knowledge of project management processes and systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer