Rlf Anesthesia Technician - Anesthesiology (0.001 FTE, Rotating)
This job posting is no longer active
United Health Workers
0.001 FTE, 8 Hour Rotating Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
The Anesthesia Technician is responsible for clinically supporting the activities of the Department of Anesthesia. Activities include: provision of supplies and equipment as well as performing a variety of tasks including indirect patient care that help ensure the safe and cost effective delivery of anesthetic patient care.
* Actively participates in quality control, quality assurance and preventative maintenance activities.
* Assists in the evaluation of new products by providing feedback regarding use.
* Assists with record keeping and patient charges.
* Assures replacement or repair of malfunctioning equipment.
* Attends and participates in equipment and supply inservices, evaluations, and staff meetings.
* Contributes in a positive manner to unit and department; supports team culture.
* Correctly checks and sets up all equipment and supplies utilized by the Department of Anesthesia including anesthesia machines, monitors, invasive lines, non-controlled pharmaceuticals and other tasks as requested by Anesthesia.
* Identifies and shares recommendations for containing costs in assigned area.
* Maintains an effective working relationship with staff, managers, physicians, patients and their families.
* Maintains and services equipment by cleaning, and if requested, by sterilizing, assembling, and testing, troubleshooting, requisitioning and receiving of inspections and maintenance.
* May assist the anesthesia provider with intra-operative fluid management including volume resuscitation.
* Participates in the monitoring and documenting of quality improvement issues
* Participates on unit, department or hospital committees as requested.
* Performs housekeeping/stocking duties in order to maintain a clean, safe work environment.
* Practices aseptic techniques according to established standards of care and infection control policies.
* Prepares and maintains patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems before, during and after anesthesia.
* Prepares and operates auto transfusion equipment.
* Proactively uses the problem solving process to identify, prevent or resolve inter-or intra-departmental problems.
* Properly disposes of non-controlled pharmaceuticals.
* Responsible for self-assessment of skill level and seeking resources to learn new skills, equipment, or procedures to maintain currency in position.
* Supports administrative decisions and assures implementation and compliance with all department, institutional and regulatory policies and procedures.
* Works with clinical educator to orient new staff members and students to the role of anesthesia technician as requested.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Experience: One (1) year of directly related work experience
License/Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to be flexible in assignments.
* Ability to learn and evaluate new equipment and procedures quickly.
* Ability to provide appropriate care based on the needs of the individual taking into consideration age, culture, and developmental issues.
* Ability to respond with flexibility to unusual and emergent situations, remain calm in stressful and emergency situations.
* Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective performance of the job.
* Ability to work independently and prioritize duties during time of stress.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds.
* Knowledge of location, operation, calibration, and maintenance of anesthesia equipment and supplies.
* Knowledge of operating room procedures, aseptic techniques and infection control policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer