Manager of Learning and Organizational Development (1.0 FTE, Days)
This job posting is no longer active
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Manager of Learning & Development oversees and provides leadership in the design and implementation of all digital learning, live learning, and organizational development and resiliency solutions as well as managerial oversight of both internal and external experts. In collaboration with the Executive Director – Organizational Talent, supports the organizational mission of continual learning by using design and systems-thinking theories, methodologies and best practices to deliver a blend of digital learning solutions and live learning events. The Manager is responsible for promoting professional fulfillment, organizational resilience and engagement and will routinely assess organization culture by conducting organization-wide surveys and assessments. Leads the design and development of learning ecosystem through the Learning Management System, online learning portal, eLearning, AR/VR based training programs and enterprise-wide learning events.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
- Provides thought leadership and oversees governance for a blended approach to learning, leveraging both digital and live learning as appropriate, offering solutions which are scalable and affordable to support team member/leader onboarding, just-in-time/self-directed learning and deeper learning which is timely, relevant and highly aligned with business priorities.
- Leads strategic planning, organizational effectiveness and transformational change efforts by skillfully applying organizational development/resilience theories, practices and resources. Develops a comprehensive fiscal year based learning roadmap that closely aligns with business needs.
- Researches, selects, develops, and manages learning and organizational development/resilience solutions and professionals who employ the highest industry standards to deliver programs and interventions in their respective areas of expertise; evaluates methodology and programs to ensure effectiveness and ROI. Develop business cases, key performance indicators and ROI for all learning products and solutions. Present insights and influence outcomes with key stakeholders at all levels to support a meaningful impact to our business.
- Leads the efforts for translation of organizational strategies for performance management and employee growth, leadership development, and succession planning into the digital experience and support the learning needs associated with them.
- Drives strategy, design, and implementation for the eMentoring and coaching platforms to support learning and development culture.
- Partners with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), content owners and internal/external resources to promote learning and organizational effectiveness by developing/curating/facilitating leadership and professional development content for webinars, podcasts, briefings, micro-learning bursts and intranet/performance support pages. Provides script writing and voice-over talent for eLearning modules and virtual learning projects.
- Designs functional mockups and user stories to enable development of digital learning products using agile/scrum methodology.
- Collaborates with internal/external partners and SMEs to proactively initiate, schedule and launch weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual programs (including team member/leader onboarding programs, webinars, podcasts, micro-learning events, coaching circles, performance support projects, culture/engagement surveys, needs assessments and special projects/events as needed) to ensure sufficient lead time and resource allocation.
- Conducts periodic needs assessments to identify organizational learning gaps by working with various departments to better understand the Voice of the Customer. Assesses stakeholder readiness and develop and implement appropriate change management/communication strategies for a variety of strategic programs and services.
- Provides project management, development, graphic design and delivery of all facets of online, virtual, and blended learning offerings (needs analysis, budgeting, instructional design, delivery, evaluation, and revisions). Act as a liaison between internal clients and internal/external resources (including vendor relations), negotiate agreements as well as secure funding and monitor spending.
- Manages HR-EL&D metrics and success measures and conduct periodic learning data analysis as needed. Partner with internal and external teams to deliver quality metrics that drive priorities, measure outcomes and efficacy and enable better decision-making.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Master’s Degree in Adult Learning, Organizational Psychology, Behavioral Science, Instructional Design, Organizational Development and/or Education
Experience: Six years of experience in learning & organizational development, including learning technologies and digital learning platform implementation and including three (3) years of management responsibility.
Licensure/Certification: None required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of performance support, human-centered design and adult learning theories.
- Knowledge of the design, development and delivery of professional, leadership and organizational development programs and interventions.
- Knowledge and successful application of effective communication strategies.
- Knowledge of HR operations, HR technology, HR service delivery models as well as HR best practices, benchmarks and metrics.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems, Windows-based office software, SharePoint, Zoom, Web-Ex, GoTo Meeting, Audacity/Adobe Audition, PeopleSoft, computers and operating systems.
- Knowledge in modern UX/UI models and best-practices.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage change in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead projects using lean thinking, graphic facilitation and a disciplined visioning, scoping, implementation and decision-making methodology.
- Ability to manage complex projects and resources (people, costs, time).
- Ability to apply sound judgment and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships internally/externally.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and leader.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization, including VPs, CXOs, and the BOD.
- Ability to identify strategic links between HR-EL&D objectives and organizational outcomes; to enter unfamiliar areas of the organization to learn about the current state and lead improvement efforts to achieve an ideal state.
- Ability to lead process improvement and change.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to mediate and resolve complex problems and issues.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to resolve issues and remove obstacles through collaboration and win-win solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer