Rehab In-Take Coordinator (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
The Intake Coordinator, Rehabilitation Services, works closely with the Supervisors, Case Manager, Clinic Coordinator, and Clinical Assistants to ensure excellent customer service regarding scheduling, registration,
and authorization for services, for patients referred to Rehabilitation Services for Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Speech-Language Pathology Services.
- Identifies problems in work areas and seeks solutions.
- Maintains knowledge of appointment scheduling system, and pre-registration and registration system.
- Maintains knowledge of payer requirements for outpatient authorizations.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitors clinical schedule to ensure authorizations are in place at time of visit.
- Personal conduct supports compliance with LPCH Patient Safety Standards.
- Provides back up and cross training with front desk staff.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Experience: One (1) year of progressively responsible and directly related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to adapt to and deal with change and ambiguity.
- Ability to apply judgment and make informed decisions.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to solve problems and identify solutions.
- Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
Equal Opportunity Employer