Microsoft Systems Engineer (1.0 FTE, Days)
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Microsoft Systems Engineer supports the design and builds, manages infrastructure, and works closely with Infrastructure team and internal technical resources on projects, support, and capacity management with a focus towards Windows based architecture, Active Directory, Azure, and O365. Performs systems maintenance, upgrades, capacity planning, and administration. Develops, documents, and standardizes preventative maintenance routines to ensure system availability and performance standards on production systems. Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves incidents and problems. Collaborates with network and storage teams to ensure infrastructure capability is optimized.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings. Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
- Maintains and support Windows/Active Directory (i.e. 2008, 2012, 2016) with environment
- Contributes to the growth, ongoing maintenance and development of a large windows infrastructure on premise and in the cloud
- Provides support for Microsoft Cloud platform - Azure and Office 365 / Teams
- Performs system upgrades and maintenance tasks, including installation and configuration of Windows operating systems, administration of user accounts, and maintenance of system security posture
- Provides production support to include problem resolution, technology moves, new user's configuration and user accounts, and hardware builds operating systems, application support desktop/laptop rollouts, administration, etc.
- Manages On-Premise Exchange (i.e. 2013/2016) infrastructure
- Provides support as part of the system administration team to harden, patch, and vulnerability remediation. Research and remediate vulnerabilities
- Creates and maintains documentation related to Windows server, maintain Windows patching schedule and execute patches/version updates
- Ensures server performance operations are in accordance with industry standards
- Documents architecture diagrams, configuration procedures and process
- Mentors/trains junior members of the team.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or equivalent education and experience.
Experience: Five (5) years of directly related work experience in managing multi-site, multi-domain Windows AD environment, and managing on-premises Microsoft Exchange Environment.
License/Certification: (MCSA) Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Windows Server Certification, is required. (MCSA: Windows Server 2012 -OR- MCSA: Windows Server 2016)
- Microsoft 365 Certified Enterprise Administrator or Azure(AZ-303, AZ-304) Solutions Architect Expert
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Knowledge in system security standards, benchmarks and security bulletins
- Knowledge of Windows fundamentals and scripting with the PowerShell/other tools
- Knowledge of Azure Infrastructure, O365 and other applications and features. Design build and deployment with cloud tools is a preferred. Intune and Teams administration skills are preferred
- Knowledge in general IT and Data Center infrastructure.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.