Summer Admin Intern - Fixed Term (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift - 12 Week Fixed term
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
Our 12-week internship experience is specifically designed for graduate students seeking administrative experience in health care. You’ll be matched to a department and given projects that apply skills learned through your education. You’ll build relationships across our health care enterprise as you bring solutions to the table. Interns gain valuable experience in everything from innovative digital health systems, patient satisfaction, leading edge technology, human resources and so much more. Our internship program also provides time for professional development and learning through lunch n’ learns, social events, and presentations that give you the opportunity to learn from our dedicated practitioners, your fellow interns, and learn more about how to hone your health care expertise and career opportunities in a health care organization.
• Research and analyze data from internal and external sources
• Assist in meeting preparation (e.g. agendas, project workplans, action item logs)
• Draft deliverables and other project related materials
• Present project findings and results to internal audiences
• Engage with senior management throughout the organization
• Participate in learning and development activities offered through the department
• Enrolled in a health-care oriented graduate program
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management.
• Ability to analyze and apply data from a variety of sources
• Demonstrate enthusiasm for healthcare and a commitment to improving the patient experience
• Ability to use MS Office suite
Equal Opportunity Employer