Sr. Learning & Development Consultant (1.0FTE, Days)
This job posting is no longer active
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Senior Learning & Development Consultant plays a critical role in leading the assessment and analysis of learning needs across the broad spectrum of positions within the organization. This role independently leads efforts for championing and influencing the advancement and establishment of a strong learning culture across the organization through the assessment, design, development, and implementation of learning solutions that serve to enhance employee performance and productivity.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
- Builds and executes campaign to champion learning across the organization. Utilizes creative mechanisms to raise awareness of learning resources.
- Provides expertise in setting/maintaining organizational learning and development strategy.
- Designs and develops a variety of learning curriculum (e-learning, virtual, in-class) that directly addresses skill gaps.
- Leads/directs the work of small teams in the initiation and completion of training related projects.
- Delivers/facilitates learning activities/programs effectively through a variety of learning modalities, including remote learning. Effectively aligns learning solutions with remote learning needs.
- Serves as a master trainer by training and coaching others on training delivery.
- Develops and interprets results from learning evaluation/assessment tools to effectively enhance learning solutions.
- Implements and monitors success of organizational development strategy activities/initiatives.
- Lead and manage the consultative process with internal stakeholder to manage cross-functional learning initiatives.
- Leads in the design and implementation of training analytics.
- Utilizes analytics to design, develop and deliver on learning solutions that support learning strategy and enhance performance and productivity.
- Provides expertise to lead competency mapping and analysis efforts as part of change and training programs.
- Provides subject matter expertise or partners effectively with other subject matter experts to support the development of learning solutions.
- Develops and implements train the trainer strategies.
- Manages and maintains curriculum.
- Effectively project manages the development and delivery of multiple learning programs.
- Partners with Organizational Development Partners to consult on, develop and delivery learning solutions that support organizational development interventions.
- Manages the relationship with legal partners to negotiate training contract agreements.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with Talent Management Specialist and OD Partners from beginning to completion of an event.
- Works independently with latitude to make decisions.
- Utilizes expertise to influence all aspects of learning initiatives.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
Experience: Seven (7) years minimum of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
License/Certification: Master Trainer/Training Coach preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Deep knowledge of principles and methods of curriculum design, adult education, adult learning, training delivery and measurement of results.
- Expertise in instructional design/ADDIE principles and tools.
- Strong interactive e e-learning development software skills.
- Ability to conduct skill gap analysis, Curriculum design and development, Learning analysis and analytics.
- Proven effectiveness in developing and leading train the trainer program skills
- Master training delivery/facilitation skills.
- Expertise in the design, development, and delivery of blended learning solutions.
- Strong knowledge in LMS administration that includes (but is not limited to): Account management, Course and curriculum management, Training assignment management, Managing course completions, LMS system maintenance.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong capability to reprioritize regularly and move with ease between learning-related projects.
- Strong ability to lead and manage a diverse portfolio of projects simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of organizational development principles, practices, and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of organizational change management methods and practices.
- Expertise in the use of E-Learning Development Software (Articulate, Captivate, Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash, etc.)
- Expertise in the use of Instructional Design Tools (Skills Gap Analysis, Requirements Analysis, Training/Curriculum Design, etc.)
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and SharePoint, Project Management software (MS Project, etc.), and Online meeting tools (WebEx, Zoom, etc.)
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.