Assistant Chief Engineer - Engineering and Maintenance (1.0FTE, Days)
This job posting is no longer active
General/ Environmental Service
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
Directs and supervises the activities of the engineers and service contractors in the maintenance of the buildings, grounds and related fixed and portable equipment, minor construction and equipment installation.
• Conducts performance evaluations at required intervals; manages disciplinary action per human resource guidelines; makes hiring and firing recommendations; keeps Chief abreast of personnel issues.
• Holds staff meetings/huddles at consistent intervals to support Chief with implementation of hospital practices and policies.
• Manages and approves paid-time-off of engineers so that work is covered. Collaborates with Program Manager on scheduling training time for the engineers; performs on-the-job training as needed.
• Performs building inspections at consistent intervals to monitor overall condition of the buildings to direct engineers for corrective action as needed; performs rounds at consistent intervals to monitor, observe and counsel for immediate correction engineer interactions with regard to AIDET and/or C-ICARE.
• Supervises service contractor work.
• Uses enterprise asset management application for report generation at consistent intervals as required by Chief for action--as needed--to supervise completion and closeout of work orders; to supervise regulatory compliance adherence as related to work order completion; to supervise productivity; and to supervise overtime. Reports findings to Chief to collaborate on correction of deficiencies as needed.
• Works with Planner/Scheduler (as appropriate and as applicable) to supervise and direct the activities of the engineers; sets priorities; assures appropriate completion of their work and inspects their work.
• Works with Planner/Scheduler to assure the engineers have the materials and tools needed to perform their tasks.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Associate’s Degree in work related field.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible directly related work experience.
License/Certification: CA Driver's License (CDL)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to implement change.
• Ability to lead and engage teams.
• Ability to manage resources including people.
• Ability to solve problems.
• Ability to supervise.
• Knowledge of building operations and systems.
• Knowledge of construction practices.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer